The Ship It Zero coalition will be hosting a webinar today (12 July) which will feature medical and climate experts and ‘impacted community members’ sharing insights on ‘the public health impacts of port pollution from ocean shipping’.
The webinar – which will take place at 10:00 AM PDT/1:00 PM EDT – has been timed to coincide with the delivery of a letter from ‘dozens of health care experts’ to Target, calling on the retail and logistics giant to ‘take action on their shipping pollution’.
The speakers taking part in the webinar will include:
- William Kuehl, Chair of the Board of Social Justice and Outreach at First Congregational Church of Christ of Long Beach
- Dr. Ryan Kennedy, Faculty, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Chris Chavez, Deputy Policy Director at Coalition for Clean Air and West Long Beach resident
- Dr. Heather Price, Faculty, North Seattle College/Climate Justice Faculty Institute
- Dr. Mark Vossler, President, Washington Physicians for Social Responsibility
Click here to register for and access the webinar: